Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm Still Contemplating Reporting Them

Craigslist is officially the job searching equivalent of MySpace.
Ridiculous, narcissistic, entirely false and full of questionable characters that probably smell weird.

I responded to an ad for an "Account Manager" position asking for some more information. The ad was pretty vague.

This is what I got in response:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Afternoon

We have received your e-mail and want to offer you the vacancy of "Account Manager".

An account manager makes 7% from the amount of each transaction. You will be granted 24/7 support and back up from our company in case of emergency throughout the business hours. A secure online environment makes the work of an account manager agent easier. Normally the amounts that we process vary from $3,000 to $10,000, but can go higher on special occasions.

Working Tasks?

1) To receive money to your bank account .

2) Withdraw funds.

3) Send money via Western Union or Money Gram

Also we sent our contract, for the further cooperation. Please fill it and send to us a copy, to prove your identity. Also it is necessary to send acknowledgement, that you are ready to work by e-mail. After receiving your email we process and answer as soon as possible.

To get job more details go to this website : solutiononline.co.cr

Best Regards

Denis Iovov

Finance Corporation International
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They haven't met met, I don't know a thing about the job even after this amazingly thorough job offer and I'm so eager to take a job with someone who can't punctuate or spell or use proper grammar in emails OR offers...

*sob-sigh*

It's a horrible scam and it makes me angry. What kind of cruel son of a bitch would take advantage of people legitimately looking for work? I starred at the screen for a good 30 seconds when I read it in disbelief. How did such ridiculousness find its way to my inbox?

This is why I'm kind of sucking at life right now and why I'm in dire need of a punching bag. Looking for work is a soul draining endeavor.

I'm moving to Alaska and changing my name to Genevieve. I can't take it anymore.

2 comments:

Mary P said...

Liz. Do you really want Sarah Palin to be your Governor?


Although Genevieve is very pretty.


(P.S. Have you tried Indeed.com? Also, I believe Club-Z in-home tutoring is hiring in the San Bernardino Area. $20/hr)

Shelly! said...

Liz, I got a postcard in the mail from someone desperate to talk to me about a job. A postcard. Yeah.

Wish I had some great words of wisdom, or a magical skill to make stellar jobs appear - but I don't. Keep your head-up.